The first significant cross-vendor promotion of merchants who accept Bitcoin payments is underway. Bitcoin Friday is a one-day sale event at many Bitcoin merchants as a unified attempt at advertising Bitcoin businesses. Over 65 businesses are participating, including:
- BitcoinStore.com (A recently launched electronic direct seller priced to compete against NewEgg and Amazon)
- Coinabul.com (Gold and silver bullion)
- BitBrew.net (Coffee and tea shipped to your door. [BitBrew was one of the first merchants with a business model which only accepts Bitcoins as payment.)
- BitcoinCoffee.com (Coffee shipped to you.)
- Bees Brothers (Candy and honey)
- GrassHillAlpacas.com (Yes, this is the merchant with the Alpaca socks - one of the first real-world good bitcoins could purchase)
Additionally there are other merchants include computing-related vendors that sell servers and others that rent out server hosting or VPN services.
There are bricks and mortar merchants like Cups and Cakes, San Francisco and Vegemesta in Helsinki. There is The Pao Cafe in New Market, New Hampshire and Room 77 in Berlin.
Even online gambling provides Bitcoin Friday offers. BC-Casino will cover half of any losses nad StrikeSapphire.com also is running a special offer.
Other categories include magazine subscriptions and a property rental agency,
Many Bitcoin exchanges are offering reduced rates for trading on Friday and merchant processors are offering extended deals to attract even more merchants.
- http://bit.ly/TQosTW (Article on Bitcoin Friday in American Banker)
- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123251.0 (Additional discussion on Bitcoin Friday)
All News - Daily E-mail Subscription - Twitter: @BitcoinNews